Thursday, September 2

The Italian Tie

It all started with an Italian tie.  My 20 year old son, Max, who is serving a mission for our Church in Milan, Italy went to Florence on his weekly preparation day.  He took a train ride with three other missionaries for an adventure to soak in the culture, architecture, food, museums and "deals."   In Max's own words,

"One of the best parts of Florence was.....drum roll.....the ties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Beautiful silk Italian ties for 2.50!  I repeat 2.50 Euro!!!  Amazing!!!!  Haha, I bought 14!"  

Well, you have to know Max's heart.  He is one of the most generous kids I know.  He can't have the good fortune of getting an amazing deal and not sharing his loot with his family.   So this is the yellow tie that my husband Ken received in the mail a week later.  He wanted me to take a picture of him wearing it to send a thank you to Max.  So, I did a mini photo shoot in our adjoining office.  He looks quite handsome in his token of love from Italy.

Photobucket

Ken has been nothing but loving and supportive as I have pursued my photography dream.  He is always encouraging when I want to buy a new lens or one of my many camera bags (I have 7! --I collect them like most women do purses),  or attend a workshop in Philadelphia, Boston, New York, or Newport Beach.  It has been wonderful to share my learning and growth with someone who so enthusiastically cheers me on.  Huge cudos Ken!  I love you!

And what did my mighty son Max in Italy send me??  Well.....drum roll (as Max would say).....an Italian romance novel that he fished out of the dumpster!  "Sua Maesta Don Chisciotte" -- 293 pages of blissful love.  I'm sure when I figure this one out, I'll let you know-- but for now,  that has to be a story for a another day!

1 comment:

  1. Looking sharp! Gosh, I just love where you guys live. Such a nice view!

    ReplyDelete