Saturday, September 4

Happy Families

I have always been intrigued by the first line in Leo Tolstoy's book, Anna Karenina, 

"Happy families are all alike; 
every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."

What exactly is it that makes all happy families the same?  As a photographer, you have the privilege of witnessing a family in action.  It is pretty hard to fool the lens of a camera when it comes to happiness.  A lens will capture more than we sometimes want to share, but nonetheless it does.  It was my delight to photograph John and Malinda and their beautiful family.  I will admit that it is often challenging to get everyone focused and looking in relatively the same direction, but when you have the blessing of capturing a happy family, it is a DELIGHT!  To watch them interact in a joyful manner as they share with you the inner workings of their love and connectedness.  It is moments like this that I cherish.


Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And my favorite of the day...
Photobucket

I am convinced that the "alike" that Tolstoy was writing of was LOVE.  Happy families love each other.    And that is something that is pretty hard to fake if it isn't there.  Over and over again, it is the families that truly love each other that I as a photographer stand in awe of when I witness this sacred, delightful and inspiring virtue.

1 comment:

  1. I love your photography but I love the way you think even more...nice Pic of Ken - Handsome as ever!

    ReplyDelete