Saturday, March 8

Jasmine + Jeff

One of the first lessons I learned as a photorapher many years ago was the importance of light.  There was an oft repeated truism that stated, "Gray days=gray images."  Luckily, I don't totally believe that.  I do concede that gray days create certain challenges, but those gray skies can be used to your advantage to create dramatic images that are beautiful.   Jasmine and Jeff were just the case.  The day was freezing, it was raining and blowing. I thought for sure they would call to cancel their beach engagement session.  But, because they had flown in from out-of-state, their schedule would not permit a re-shoot.  It was about an hour and a half before sunset (my favorite time) when the rain subsided and we ventured out onto the breezy beach.  I was delighted with the results.  The dark clouds were like a giant soft box filtering the warm afternoon light above the clouds evenly over the landscape.  Of  course it helped tremendously that Jasmine and Jeff were deeply in love, were delighted to be together, and also pretty darn adventureous when it came to weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment