Saturday, December 18

Dan+Tracy=Fairy Tale Wedding

Dan and Tracy are a love story. A REAL love story. A story about coming full circle back to the love of your youth. They met and dated in college 18 years ago. They broke up, went on to their different careers and drifted apart. And then by a wonderful event, they reconnected.  Now that they were both ready,  they fell in love -- really IN LOVE. They are such a delight to be around. Their love is infectious. It makes you believe that fairy tales do come true. I have had the time of my life being a part of their story and documenting this new chapter in their lives. I photographed their engagement session back in November (post to come soon) and then the honor of capturing their wedding a couple of weeks ago.

My son, Nate who lives in Boise, Idaho, is an amazing photographer (link to web/blog). He is my favorite person to photograph with. I have such deep respect for him professionally, that sometimes I forget he is my son. When I fell in love with Dan and Tracy, I knew I had to bring Nate out to shoot the wedding with me. I knew I could trust Nate to capture the magical moments when I couldn't be in two places at once. So the wedding was doubly special for me -- to be able to be a witness to Dan and Tracy's marriage and to be there with my delightful son. We had an awesome day together and he has several of my favorite shots of the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tracy and Dan have three adorable nieces. Here are two of them as they dressed up for the big occasion.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The wedding was a class act all the way. They had a Bentley...yes a 1955 Bentley...to take them to the Church and then to the Wentworth in New Castle, New Hampshire for the reception.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am so intrigued by this picture that Nate captured of Tracy in the Bentley with the reflection of the chauffeur  in the window. Photobucket

Here Nate has captured Dan's reaction as he sees Tracy for the first time coming down the isle.
Photobucket

Photo by Nate
Photobucket

Photo by Nate
Photobucket

Photo by Nate
Photobucket

Photo by Nate
Photobucket

Photo by Nate
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The wedding was a full Catholic Mass. I was touched by the beauty of the ceremony and the Mass. Here is Dan's mother in a reflective, quiet moment.
Photobucket

Their niece played a beautiful piece during the wedding.  She was amazing! A little Mozart protege.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Limo photo by Nate
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here Nate captured one of my favorite photos of the day,
Photobucket

Dan helping Tracy out of the Bentley at the Wentworth (photo by Nate)
Photobucket

Photobucket

The best man was hilarious with the toast.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My personal favorite of the day...Tracy looks angelic!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And the final dip to end the perfect day....(photo by Nate).
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a cool wedding mom!! WOW a Bentley! How fun. You captured so many detailed moments, You didn't over look the small things. Those are my favorite photos. What a lucky couple!!

    ReplyDelete